Due Thursday, November 8, 2001 (beginning of lecture)
Templates1.xlsComplete the following:
1. Use the appropriate functions in Excel to solve problem 5-48 on Page 212 of your text.
2. Use the appropriate functions in Excel to solve
problem 5-57 on Page 213 of your text.
For problems 3-5 download the Templates1.xls
file from the course web site and use the appropriate sheet to perform
the calculations for the following:
3. Complete Problem 7-18 (a) on Page 273 of your text. Repeat the exercise (Part a only) using 95% confidence and compare your results. The file ECCO must be retrieved from the CD-ROM.
4. Use the standard deviation from #3 above as a pilot study estimate of the population standard deviation and complete Problem 7-28 (a) and (b) on Page 278 of your text.
5. Complete Problem 8-60 (a) on Page 326.
Repeat the exercise (Part a only) using a significance level of 0.01.
How does using a significance level of 0.01 impact your decision?